Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Woodward and Bernstein still fascinate


I'm now on to my next book for reading enjoyment. After reading "Black Mass," about Boston gangster Whitey Bulger. (I want to check out the movie where Johnny Depp plays Whitey)  I'm usually a non-fiction guy and once again I've turned to another piece of non-fiction to entertain me.  "All the President's Men," by Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein. I was watching a piece on CBS Sunday Morning the other day about Alexander Butterfield. Buttefield was one of President Nixon's aides who was aware of the secret audio taping approved by Nixon.  Butterfield turned those tapes over to Bob Woodward. Those tapes are the focus of Woodward's new book "The Last of the President's Men." The interview with Butterfield made me scour my bookshelves for a copy of "All the President's Men."  And now the journey begins.  As a journalist I'm anxious to dive back into this story and not only learn more about this blemish on the American presidency but also admire the courageous work and good old fashion reporting turned in by these talented journalists.

No comments:

Post a Comment